The Gulf Coast District Council was chartered in April 2003 by the United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipe Fitting Industry of the United States and Canada in order to further meet the needs of todays more nationally based contractors and also to give local contractors an opportunity to achieve their national goals. By fully utilizing Local Union resources across a specific geographical area, our Gulf Coast Industrial Maintenance Agreement (or GCIMA) offers you flexibility and mobility like no other before. It also allows American Workers and their families to connect with great companies like yours.
The Gulf Coast District Council is made up of 8 Local Union Business Managers as Council Members. The Councils Business Manager is Randall Carroll who is supported by Business Representatives Chuck LeBlanc and Gabriel Vasquez.
The Gulf Coast District Council is based in Metairie, Louisiana and is always just a phone call away. Our office hours are 8am-4:30pm Monday-Thursday and 8am-12noon on Friday. In this booklet, you will find general information for contacts, wages, benefits, etc, but always feel free to give us a call if you find anything else you may need. As in every circumstance, it will be necessary for you to verify the information you find here. In such a large territory, information is constantly changing and in publishing this document, we only attempt to provide you with a general idea and basic concept of information about the Council and our Locals. This booklet will be regenerated with fresh information as often as possible.
Gulf Coast Pipe Trades Agreement
- Makes contractors more competitive
- Fosters a faster bid process
- Includes Schedule A addendum to accommodate local concerns, such as wage rates and benefits
- Ensures top-quality, well-trained UA craftsmen on the job Allows contractors to benefit from UA annual training investment of $100 million in more than 300 training facilities Features specialty training in unusual systems and methods
- Includes drug and substance abuse testing program
- Allows for freedom of movement of employees covered by UA collective bargaining agreements within the Gulf Coast region
- Eliminates all intra-jurisdictional disputes
- Eliminates all strikes, lockouts and work stoppages
- Creates mutually-beneficial relationships among the union, contractor and the construction client/owner
- Is site-specific and must be renewed for each individual job or project
- Features the Welder Certification Program, through which pre-qualified (ASME Section IX) welders are provided to the project at no cost for testing. (Approximate savings: S 1,000 per welder.)
Covers the territorial jurisdiction of the following UA local unions:
Local 119, Mobile, AL
Local 123, Tampa, FL
Local 60, New Orleans, LA
Local 198, Baton Rouge, Lake Charles, LA
Local 568, Gulfport, MS
Local 211, Houston, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Beaumont, TX
Local 798, Pipeliners
Local 669, Sprinklerfitters